Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Taking the Time

This quarter I have been trying to incorporate the relatively long walk from SR-520/Montlake to Campus in order to get some exercise. While this may seem trivial or not really enough physical activity to be considered "exercise", I find the walk calming and very enjoyable. I feel better when I arrive on campus because I got to see the area I will soon be leaving and listen to music. It allows me to experience the gorgeous views from Montlake bridge over Lake Washington and then towards the Cascades. Even on days when you cannot see very far the view of the closer shores or just the houseboats on Lake Union are still awesome. These walks give a sort of half routine to my morning, since the walk is the same, but what I see around me is different. It also reminds me that I need to take a picture of the construction going on and do some hilarious photoshopping.