Friday, April 13, 2012

Conferencing

I did mention this on my other blog Deir el Feminina but I am currently at a historical academic conference in Spokane, Washington. The city is quite nice with many turn of the century buildings and the hotel we are staying at is super swanky. The tower were we are has a safari theme which is fun but also just reminds me of English and European colonialism more than anything else. I present in a couple of hours (1:45pm) and have read through my paper and feel pretty comfortable with what I am about to say. Though I very much wish I had turned it into a presentation rather than a paper because I am historicizing visuals. Other than that things seem lined up to go quite well. I am very excited for Leah's Paper on Sex and the City and Beth's paper on miracles. Other than those there aren't really any other papers that jumped out at me as really wanting to hear.