Sunday, April 15, 2012

Reading Room

I haven't been in the University of Washington Suzzallo Reading Room for a long time, but since I rented a laptop for this week its a good place to sit and study. It was interesting to wait outside the library, since for the last two years I would have been able to enter almost 2 hours before the library opened since I worked here. It was also very nostalgic to climb up the spiral stairs towards the reading room knowing that I had a finite time to use it as an undergraduate student. While that might matter to many people I am, probably a little ridiculously, a sentimental person. I am fond of places that change from being habitually used to places that I remember I habitually used. That feeling also makes me upset when I forget what my routines used to be, such as making sure I had enough cash to buy a cinnamon bun at Parnassus. So I enjoy returning to old habits, if only for a day, in order to relive old habits that fit me at a different time.