Wednesday, April 4, 2012

In the Morning

I started the day off right today, with a bowl of Lucky Charms and an article on the Schuyler Mansion Orphanage. Why? Well if I want to continue to do research into the archaeology of childhood and incorporate a landscape or spatial component it would be best to target areas where children were definitively. For Non-historical, aka most archaeological sites, it is difficult to detect a separation between adult and children's artifacts but places, such as schools, orphanages, and daycares it is much easier. These places still maintained a power relationship between children and adults but unlike other areas where adults would outnumber children the reverse was true. This, in some ways, constructs these institutions as children's, more than adult's, places. I want to read more about this and I hope that it will help me select which university will be better for me and my interests.