Monday, May 7, 2012

Sherlock

I, of course, love the Sherlock series from the BBC. It’s really great fun but as an introspective, perhaps to the point of narcissism, person I wonder about my fascination with this character. What does it stem from? Well, as a heterosexual female, he dresses well and is rather good to look at. However, Watson in the series is much more attractive, at least to my taste. My theories suggest that I am attracted to his mind OR (boolean operator!) that I am actually jealous of his sociopathic tendencies. Meaning, I wish that I was less emotional and am basically attracted to his brutish and honest persona since it is the opposite of my emotionalism. Some articles I have seen on other blogs have discussed this idea and I think it could fit my bill. More in-depth analysis will come later, possibly.