Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Eventually I will...

I have realized over the years that I am very susceptible to the people around me and will occasionally mimic them in their actions. How so? Basically I go "Wow that was a cool idea and I'd like to that" and then think about how I would do it differently or better but never come close to actually doing it. Some of these things include: making a Steam Punk outfit, Cos-playing, and most recently writing a novel. A couple of my friends, or others I know, have written novels and some have gotten them published. I would not call them commercial successes but at least they were able to finish something like that. I, on the other hand, have never come close. In seventh grade, I started to write a fantasy novel by hand during my classes. I am sure it was pretty bad and I still have the pages so maybe someday I will type it up and see where it goes. Currently, I have been revisiting a story inspired by one of my friends but one which he never wrote either. I think that more than any of my other ideas this has some fruit, sort of. Unlike my other story, the seventh grade one, its not as limited age wise. Where I wanted the plot to go can still fit the age group that I am thinking of using and of course, like many novels, it could parallel personal successes and failures. But of course, be more awesome. So maybe, sometime in the future, when I have time as a graduate student ( HA HA) I will sit down and do this.